CyanogenMod 10 for Karbonn A5 is here! Karbonn A5 is one and the only mobile which did come with Android 2.3 and now Jellybean has been achieved. Not all the mobiles get CyanogenMod and specifically, only a device or two of the Indian local brands have CM. Cyonogen Mod is a Rom which is compiled from the source for each devices on accordance with their device source tree. A much better rom when compared to the stock rom. The rom is highly customisable and the interface is unbelievable. The user interface can be completely changed including the dial pad by just installing Cyanogen Mod themes which are available in the Android market. Now the question is that who compiled the rom? Actually this rom was not compiled by a Indian, but it was found in one of the Chinese forums. So now, in this I will be showing you guys, how to flash CyanogenMod 10(based on JellyBeam 4.1) in your Karbonn A5. It is not a complex process at all, it is just simple!
To know more about CyanogenMod, it is always better to visit the official website.
Note: Only a initial version of the rom is released. The rom has some bugs like Camera and SystemUI force-closes though it is not really a matter. Flash this rom only if you are in Android Ics at present or else, you need to update your current baseband version to that one,used in Android Ics.
Now to update baseband if you are in Android 2.3,just follow the below the instructions :
- Download the flashing tool and the baseband.
- Set your Karbonn A5 to download mode by pressing the volume down button and the power button at one together. After going into the download mode, connect your device to your computer with the USB cable.
- If you have not installed the device drivers, download it from below and install them on you PC
- Extract the baseband into a folder.
- Open the download tool. Click on “Set path”. Then select “Browse folder” and select the baseband folder where you have extracted it previously. Now check the option “port”.
- Click on “Download All”.Soon your device will reboot after the updation of baseband is done.
- Now the device will be struck with a blank screen. Now download the Cwm recovery from below and flash it using fastboot.
Refer this post for flashing a recovery with fastboot.
To flash CyanogenMod 10 in your Karbonn A5, follow the below instructions:
- Now, to flash CyanogenMod 10,download the rom from below and place it on the SD-card.
- Now boot into Cwm recovery.
- Do the following things so that, the rom is freshly installed with no problems.
- On the recovery menu, select Wipe Data.
- Then after the factory reset(wipe data), now Go to advanced menu and wipe the Dalvik cache.
- Do a format Data and format system. Format System is recommended so that the applications or any other things of the previous rom is not retained.
- Now wipe the battery stats so that the previous battery stats are removed.
- Now its time to flash the zip. Select “Install Rom from SD-card” and select the CyonogenMod 10 zip download from below.
- Soon the rom will be flashed. Now select “Reboot” from the main menu of the recovery.
- Thats it! You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10 or in other words, Android Jellybean 4.1 on your Karbonn A5.
592zn.com Android development group.
CyanogenMod 10.1 Rom Password : fokb