Hello guys, Karbonn has recently launched four new Smartphones in the previous week. Though we may like the stock rom, it will have bloat applications and bugs and low memory problems and many! So you guys may be thinking of rooting your phone as soon a tested method is released for your Smartphone.Today, I will be posting about the rooting method of Karbonn A90 and yes!It is tested for sure.First of all,let us take a glance in the features of Karbonn A90 and its price tag. Karbonn A90 was launched in the month of October 2013 with a price tag RS.5500. It is a low end smartphone with some good features.The good news is that, it has a RAM of 512 MB and Internal memory is also the same. It is not too low as we had seen the Micromax Bolt series. The display is a 4-inches capacitive touch screen display with touch points up to five in number. The processor is a 1 Ghz processor and we are not sure about the chipset, but probably it should be a Qualcomm MSM7*** one. The primary camera is about 5 Megapixels and the front camera is a VGA camera. It contains a 3.5mm audio jack. It is a dual sim phone.Karbonn A90 come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box.The key specifications of Karbonn A90 are :
- Display : 4-inch (480 x 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display.
- Processor : 1 GHz processor.
- Sim : Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with Dual Standby.
- Firmware : Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich ) OS.
- Camera : Rear: 5 MP rear camera with LED flash. Front : 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera.
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio.
- 2G (EDGE), Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, micro USB.
- 512 MB RAM, 512MB of internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD.
- 1400 mAh battery.
- Price – Rs. 5,490.
Let us move on the main topic of the post. For rooting your Karbonn A90,you will be needing the following requirements.
Requirements for rooting of Karbonn A90 :
Instructions to root Karbonn A90 :
- Download the Bin4ry tool and extract it on your Desktop, in a folder.Using any extracting tools like Winrar, Winzip for that purpose.
- Go to the Official Android website[The link is available above] and download the Android SDK. Install it on your PC in the location C://Android SDK tools/
- If required,go to the “Android SDK tools” folder.Open SDK Manager application.Select the Android 4.0.3,Android SDK tools and Android SDK Platform tools check boxes and install the packages.This is not actually required,but still if you face any trouble in the below process,these are recommended in that case.
- Connect your Smartphone to the computer using the USB Datacable and enable USB debugging.Note that enabling USB debugging is a very important step and so, don’t skip it!
- In the Bin4ry folder,open Runme.bat
- A Command Prompt dialog box will be displayed with On-Screen instructions.Type “1″ and press enter, to enter into the Normal mode.
- Now your phone will be detected in the ADB mode.If not,then follow the above steps again.Note that I m not sure about Karbonn A90 device drivers, but they won’t be needed for this process.
- Soon your phone will reboot.After the reboot,you will see the “SuperUser”/”SuperSU” application in the app drawer.Thats it!
If you have got any doubts,leave them below in the comment section.